Traditional cupcakes are always a crowd-pleaser.
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sprinkles, to decorate
- 1 1/2 cups CSR Pure Icing Sugar
- 1-1 1/2 tablespoons water
- food colouring, optional
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced.
- Grease a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin pan. Alternatively, line holes with paper cases.
- Combine flour and caster sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture. Using a large metal spoon, stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Stand in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Make icing:
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl.
- Add food colouring and water.
- Stir until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon icing over cupcakes.
- Decorate with sprinkles.